Decision Day

 

DECISION DAY:

            The last two weeks in my media studies class were fascinatingly enjoyable as we were taught how to use two vital programs that are necessary for the course. While I had already been versed in video editing software from prior experiences, Adobe Premiere was new to me and seemed quite complex at first. The tutorial videos shown in the class had some new and valuable information that was useful for getting to know the video editing program and had me wondering if perhaps the movie introduction was the best way to go for my project. When I was introduced to Adobe InDesign however, my thoughts changed. I found that InDesign was a great way to get an artistic experience across with what I want to do and what is available to me. While making a movie limits on what can be created, the vision I want can be perfectly represented within the colorful pages of a magazine. I find the InDesign software fun to use and very intuitive for magazine and tabloid making. After a week and a half of trying fun software I knew what I wanted to do.

I have decided to make a magazine for my project, because I feel that I can be more artistic through the medium. I am very fond of the feature in InDesign that lets you move around pictures seamlessly and the borders that make it possible to have a clean layout. While video editing is also fun, and features that allow you to modify videos to their cores is great, I do not think that it would be as fun as making the magazine. I can still make a good story from a magazine, as the article Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom says “storytelling is who we are as humans, and we cannot help but put in quality and effort in a narrative”. My choice to do a magazine has been affected by what I was shown in class and what I have read about them. Another article that was given in class The Four Editors on The Future of Literary Magazines told about how magazines allows for literary writers to get noticed and potentially be employed by a publication as well as provide a great experience for those who like reading. The Article also discussed how magazines can be more enjoyable to the average reader be adding graphic features such as pictures or art to coincide with it. The information provided to me in class is substantial enough to have a start, but if I want to make an even better magazine, I am going to have to do research on them outside of school. I cannot wait to see what I will create by the end of the deadline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production 2: Focus of Your Editing

Magazine Cover Review

Final Draft: Retro Review - The Return of The King?